About Me

My photo
I'm just a girl with a blog... I laugh uncontrollably...so much so I wake up from funny dreams laughing...my friends love that I can make them laugh, and always ask me what I'm on...my answer is milk of course :) I miss my friends like crazy! I was born and raised in Canada, T.O. to be exact :D currently living in Greece, still trying to get settled...uuummmm I can't start my day without blasting some tunes first, music puts a groove in my step and it's just how I like to start my day...I love drawing,reading, hair, makeup, and clothing...all the girly things in life...and my dream is to travel the world...i hope it comes true ~xoxo Stephi~

Friday, March 16, 2012

FEED your BRAIN


OK, I'm not going to lie, this book is not going to be for everyone.  It's been about a year since I read this novel, and i feel the need to feature it, because it changed my view on many things in life.  This novel is not just the story of the genocide in Rwanda where over 1,000,000 people died in 100 days, no this is a much deeper story, it's about how the people of Rwanda are picking up the pieces of their lives, learning how to live with their families murderers, and overall a story about forgiveness.  Reading this book was not an easy task, and trying to read through hazy teary eyes was even harder, but I am glad that I took the time to do it.  It changed my outlook on forgiveness...many times I would find it hard to forgive someone for something as simple as talking behind my back or just being rude to me...I learned that forgiveness is important, not only for that person but for yourself, so that you can move on and have inner peace.  Catherine Claire Larson interviews, I believe 6 people and follows their journey, one being Chantal, whose family is brutally murdered.  She ends up forgiving her neighbor for the heinous crimes, This novel really made me think..."Who am I, NOT to forgive?" and helped me to be more grateful for the life I live.  I hope you can take the time to read As We Forgive...I got this book from my local library, so maybe check out yours.
xoxoChiika

13 comments:

  1. Have you seen the movie "Hotel Rwanda"? I cried all the way through that movie, from beginning till the closing credits. It`s so powerful and heart breaking. xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous recommendation. I really love it when bloggers post something deep and meaningful :) great post!

    xx
    -S
    Ginger and Lace

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so good, it really sounds like it touched your life, definitely going to check it out!

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, Want to read it :)

    XOXO
    http://blondefashiontale.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. im already following you. follow me back if you like*

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a good story...
    If I have time, I want to read it :)

    Follow my blog at
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment it made me laugh :) i love your blog! im about to start wuthering heights at the moment but i think i will have a look for this book after sounds very sad.
    im now following you :)
    fshionistaface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, but I am very emotional not sure if I could do it! I do believe to forgive for they know not what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds amazing, definitely a great learning experience. oooo I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment on my blog darling!
    btw,i'm gonna follow you via bloglovin and gfc.
    hope u can check out my blog again and return the favor if u like.

    Mitch,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to read it. It's a great review dear. You did a good job with it!

    Kisses from Poland!

    Hugs!
    Karola
    www.karolasway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and comment... i read every single one :)
xoxo Stephi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...